Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sleepy Hollow: Destinies intertwined, fates revealed

Sleepy Hollow premiered Monday night on Fox, and this geek....was actually very impressed.

The story line had some meat to it, which I was surprised about because most of the teasers leading up to it had some garbage puns and silliness to them which felt like Fox was once again catering to the crowd that is constantly impressed with loud noises and flashy things (seriously throw on a show about a flashlight shaking around on a dark wall for 30 minutes once a week and keep the rest more quality and I won't complain Fox!).

I felt like Ichabod Crane had actually just broken out of the 1700's. Pretty amazing how that was pulled off, the actor made the character seem very real to me.

He is paired up with Abbie Mills, a deputy in the town of Sleepy Hollow with a sordid past.

Basically they are tasked with the duty to stop the coming for the Four Horsemen of the apocalypse.

I realized this was the story line when I was watching the teasers because it had been mentioned, however I thought it was going to be done in a cheeseball way, and has actually been put together pretty impressively.

My only 'whut' moment was when the Horseman grabbed a bunch of semi-automatic weapons and started going to town on the police force with them...that seemed a little unrealistic to me, plus come on, his signature weapon is an ax or sword.

Aside from this, apparently Orlando Jones is reviving his career with this series, and John Cho makes a cameo! Yay!

Check out my full review down below (yes there are spoilers) and let me know what you think!

Will you be revisiting Sleepy Hollow next week and also will you be able to look into a mirror in the next few days?


By: James Bowler

More Geeky Stories From Around The Interwebs