Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Flash has been cast

So should we call it Glarrow now?

Last week we told you about the screen test rumors of three actors who might possibly be playing roles as Barry Allen (The Flash) in the second season of Arrow.

Now it seems like one has been picked, and to me it seems like an unlikely pick.

EW has reported that Glee actor Grant Gustin, who plays a member of a rival school's choir in Glee, has been chosen.

While I have never watched Glee in my life I don't really know how well he does in the show or what his acting style is like, however I would have thought the CW would have gone more in the lesser known direction.

But, I have doubted Arrow producers in the past when I felt like the story line might be taking a dip and was surprised to find it pleasantly rebounded.

So, in producers I shall trust once again.

In Arrow Barry Allen (pre-Flash), will be joining investigators in Starling City from his regular post as a forensic officer in Central City, to help investigate a series of crimes that are connected to his tragic past.

He will be pulled into a relationship with 'the vigilante' who he has admired as a 'comic book lover'.

Sounds like interesting stuff, and I will be very interested to see Gustin pull this off, hopefully well.

Arrow premiers on the CW Oct. 8 at 9 p/m.

By: James Bouwer.

More Geeky Stories From Around The Interwebs