Friday, October 4, 2013

Viral Friday: Dancing your way into and out of a job

I Quit

On September 28th Marina Shifrin let her bosses, and 12 million other people, know that she quit with a video that quickly went viral.

In the video Shifrin says that her boss would prefer quantity over quality, and that she has sacrificed her time and relationships for the company.

In an interview with The Huffington Post, the young, newly unemployed woman responds to her critics.

"I understood that it was a risk, but I never named the company or my boss and I mean, have you seen my dancing? How could anyone take that seriously [?]"

Marina also says in the future she hopes to find a job where she can be a little more creative.


We're Hiring

After Shifrin danced her way out of a job, the company she worked for made a parody of her video replacing the words "I quit" with "we're hiring".

The video has received nearly 3 million hits since it was first posted on  October 1st.

The response to the video stirred up skeptics that claimed both videos were an elaborate publicity stunt. NMA director Mark Simon responded by sending a statement to Gawker, who originally posted Marinas video.

"I don't think she meant for it to be seen as so harsh, but we're getting some nasty attacks on our managers, who she says she respects."

I wonder how many video parody applications they are going to receive.


@lamron_eb_yhw


More Geeky Stories From Around The Interwebs