Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The worst teaser ever released for 'Star Wars Rebels'

Well the first teaser for 'Star Wars Rebels' has come out and it's a huge pile of crap. Not that I expected anything more from Disney XD.

Now don't get me wrong, I have high expectations still for the series, but it seems like the production managers for Disney XD are extremely good at releasing completely underwhelming teasers and trailers for TV series.

I remember when I watched the trailer for Gravity Falls and I thought this is so stupid, but luckily I Wikipedia'd it and when I read the plot line I was dragged back in.

The trailer is posted below but I can probably save you 16 seconds of your life you'll never get back and tell you, its just an animated rehash of the first 5 minutes of Star Wars: A New Hope.

Yep its a big ship flying over the screen with the only difference being that the insignia 'Star Wars Rebels' is tacked onto the back, with the worst voice over I've ever heard. Basically this guy who sounds way too excited about this series making it sound completely cartoon-y and lame.

He also teases that the 'Jedi will rise' which doesn't make sense since I thought this series was supposed to be set between 'Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope' when all the Jedi are systematically wiped out by the Empire.

In fact by the time 'A New Hope' starts we're to assume that Luke and Obi Wan are the only two Jedi left.

Disney XD had announced the release of the teaser last week and I really don't know why I expected anything more than what I received, which was a pile of nothing. Once again I'm getting more from Wikipedia than I am from the actual channel which will be airing this show.

'Star Wars Rebels' is slated for release on Disney XD in fall of 2014, may  feature some appearances by Ahsoka Tano (awesome) and is created by the team that brought us 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars', which is why I'm still going to watch the first episode.

Please don't screw this up for us Disney, we're still fragile after the loss of 'The Clone Wars'.

Watch the worst teaser in history below.


By: James Bowler

More Geeky Stories From Around The Interwebs