Monday, September 2, 2013

A poke and a peek at Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

 By: James Bowler

 Are you tingling at the fingertips to watch that first 40 minute episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Well if you're like me and you weren't lucky enough to head to Comic-Con and check it out then you definitely are.



 ABC has dropped a fat six minute interview of epicness with the major actors in the show along with a few teaser clips in between for us all to stare at while our eyes glaze over and drool drips from our mouths.

I'm really excited to see Ming-na Wen slip into this series after not seeing her for a few years past the very sad cancellation of Stargate Universe (arguably the best Stargate series ever. I don't care what you say it was the BEST).

She's still as hot and badass as I remember her in the Universe series.

And if you'll notice a Joss Whedon choice actor shows up in a few scenes as well...does Gunn ring a bell to anyone?

Yeah that's actor J. August Richards a.k.a Charles Gunn from the Buffy spin-off series Angel, playing a superhero!

I really hope he has some more face time in this series because he was always one of my favourites on the Angel series.

And he's no stranger to the comic-book universe playing a small role as a hired-gun in the series Arrow.

And of course Agent Phil Coulson, played by Clark Gregg, is back again (yes I know you all knew that already) despite a very definitive death scene, like he was actually dead. If you got any deader you'd be ashes. But somehow he returns and we are teased with the possibility of how it happened.

Also my favourite part of the interview, right at the beginning when the host says 'I saw the pilot' and Gregg is like 'You saw the pilot? Take him out, take him out!'

And as I was watching this I was thinking, 'But Joss, how will you tie this into the next Avengers movie?' (Joss and I share brainwave thoughts from time to time).

And of course right at the end in Coulson style, Gregg teases that there may be some unexpected events happen that will help tie this series into Avengers 2 and other upcoming Marvel films.

There's that tingly feeling again.

To check out the interview just watch it below! And leave a comment on what you think of this team of actors for the new series.


Twitter: @journalistjim

More Geeky Stories From Around The Interwebs